I purchased the Invisible Shield screen protector from zagg.com a couple days ago and I just removed it from the device. I thought I would let you know what I thought about the product.
What I loved about it
- It is crystal clear. The shield doesn’t affect the way the screen looked at all.
- It looks like it would do a good job keeping the screen from getting scratched.
- It has a lifetime replacement warranty.
What I hated about it
- It feels rubbery. Your fingers don’t slide across it very well.
- It doesn’t stay in place. If you push on it, it will slide around the screen and not stay where you put it. This was a problem in my pocket.
- The edges kept getting pushed up by the case I was using. This sealed the deal for me. I kept getting air bubbles along the edges where the screen protector would get pushed up by the case.
A couple disclaimers
- Installation was not a problem at all. Product reviews for zagg screen protectors often mention that it is difficult to install. I did not find this to be true. Installation was unconventional to be sure (you spray the shield and your hands with a liquid that they provide and then you squeegee the liquid away with the provided squeegee), but I felt better about this installation than any other screen protector I have used.
- It’s possible that the protector didn’t adhere to the glass well enough because of oils from my skin. I cleaned the phone thoroughly, but I did not use any kind of detergent or solvent to make sure there were no oils on the glass. There where no finger prints or debris of any kind, but that is the only thing I can think of that would have caused the behavior I saw. Enough people are completely satisfied with this product that I am guessing I did something wrong. However…
I won’t buy it again
I spent $20 on this product at Best Buy and $20 has been hard to come by lately, so I won’t be purchasing this again. I don’t even know if I am going to pay the shipping to have it replaced under warranty and give it another chance.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you have experienced anything similar with these products.